Repair Operations Program Engineering Manager 2 - Northrop Grumman Corporation (Warner Robins,
Posted: Tuesday, January 9, 2018 5:26 AM
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security and freedom of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place you.
We are currently seeking a Repair Operations Program Engineering Manager 2 to join our growing team in Warner Robins, Georgia. In this position, the selected candidate will take an active role in protecting the men and women that fly our nation’s aircraft in harm’s way by leading depot repair and engineering operations in support of the Technology Services Large Aircraft Infrared Countermeasures (LAIRCM) sustainment program. The LAIRCM sustainment program has a long history of exceeding the high expectations of our global customer by using innovation, technology, and effective leadership.
The LAIRCM Repair Operations Manager will lead a diverse team consisting of engineers, engineering analysts, technicians, and supervisors/ managers. This position requires multi-disciplined knowledge in all areas related to depot level repair including hardware repair, sustainment engineering, depot support/ test equipment sustainment, and repair scheduling / coordination.
As the Repair Operations Manager, the selected candidate will interface with multiple internal and external functional areas including Program Management, Material and Supplier Operations, Mission Assurance, other Northrop Grumman organizations, and our government depot partner. As an in integral part of the LAIRCM Program Team, the Repair Operations Manager will be expected to help develop the program management strategy and effectively communicate plans to the functional areas.
Leadership characteristics and people engagement are of the upmost importance, with an ability to exhibit professionalism and create a team working and learning environment. Communication is paramount, with an ability to clearly define expectations and work thru issues.
Additional leadership characteristics include the ability and willingness to step-up and assume accountability when the perception of need exists, and the ability to accomplish tasks in a positive manner while simultaneously managing multiple projects with varying levels of maturity.
- Owns overall quality, technical, budget, and schedule responsibility for program Repair Operations area.
- Works collaboratively with other functional areas to meet program commitments.
- Oversees the program’s engineering and depot teams including staffing, and personnel management
- Identify, train, and develop the appropriate personnel to ensure the future support of program objectives.
- Drives the engineering process development, continuous improvement, and affordability initiatives within the program.
- Manages and communicates risks and opportunities for Repair Operations scope.
- Collaborates with all functional organizations to resolve technical issues.
- Assists in the generation of proposals, including basis of estimates, resource codes, estimate rational, and labor rates.
Click here for more info: https://ngc.taleo.net/careersection/jobdetail.ftl?job=17028315&lang=en
• Location: Macon
• Post ID: 87550802 macon